Write Scientific and Educational Programs on the iPhone/iPad
techBASIC has been around since 2011 and is a comprehensive software development and technical computing environment for programming, data collection, displaying sophisticated interactive graphics and analyzing data.
techBASIC is a powerful matrix-rich version of the famously easy to use BASIC programming language. Their built-in help system, reference manual and web-based tutorials make it easy to start using techBASIC for real problems in programming, education and in the professional lab right away.
And once you finish your app in techBASIC, compile it with techBASIC App Builder and XCode on your Macintosh to create a stand-alone app. You can share that app with others using Ad Hoc distribution or publish it on Apple’s App Store.
Building iPhone & iPad Electronic Projects
Buy ready-built or DIY electronic kits, design, invent your own sensors, data collectors, a comprehensive scientific development environment right on your mobile device. Connect to internal and external sensors using techBASIC’s built-in commands.
techBASIC brings the power of a desktop computer to your iPhone/iPad for programming, collecting and analyzing data, and visualizing and manipulating stunning 3D graphics. It’s a robust implementation of the famously easy to use BASIC Programming Language with specialized array and matrix commands.
Scientists and engineers can collect and analyze complex data easily and accurately with techBASIC. The built-in floating-point libraries insure calculations are precise. Special classes make it easy to perform complex array and matrix calculations. The graphing capabilities allow you to display and interact with your data in new and amazing ways. And, data can be moved easily to and from your desktop computer.
A new book from O’Reilly features techBASIC, showing how to access real-world Arduino, sensor and Bluetooth Low Energy apps in techBASIC. The book is available in print and ebook format.
- Send and receive data from Bluetooth LE devices (only on hardware that supports Bluetooth LE)–control the Internet of Things right from your iPhone or iPadCollect, analyze and display data right on your iPhone/iPad
- Use Bluetooth LE or WiFi to connect to Arduino using the Red Bear Arduino BLE Bridge or Roving Networks WiFly
- Collect data from outside sensors using HiJack
- Access to the accelerometer, magnetometer and gyroscope
- Get the current location and heading
- Analyze photos and images pixel-by-pixel
- Supports TCP/IP, HTTP and FTP for accessing information via WiFi connections
- Numeric integration for calculus
- Fit curves to data with polynomial and linear regression
- Solve simultaneous equations with matrix operations like LU decomposition
- Special functions for statistics
- Array and matrix commands like matrix inversion, determinants, matrix arithmetic and more.
- Step and trace debugger
- Set breakpoints with a tap
- See current variables, both local and global
- See everything in a variable, even large matrices
- 43 statements, 41 functions
- 35 classes with 362 methods, including GUI, graphics, sensor data collection and matrices
Create Stunning GUIs and Use all standard iOS controls
- Activity indicators
- Date pickers
- Map views
- Progress bars
- Segmented controls
- Text fields
- Text views
- Web pages
- Add alerts
- Send emails
- Take photos or grab pictures from the photo library
- Create a plot with only a few lines of code
- Pan and zoom plots with swipes and pinches
- Rotate 3D plots along an arbitrary axis
- Supports 2D or 3D Cartesian axis
- Polar, spherical and cylindrical axis
- Plot general surfaces
- Create error bars in 2 or 3 dimensions
- 2D and 3D vector plots
- Add custom callouts
Apps for people who think.™